Monday, January 18, 2010

Defining the Impossible

Love: (a dictionary definition)
–noun 1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.



If you love me, let me know. If not, please gently let me go.


Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it. ~Curtis Judalet


Love is never wanting to lose faith, never wanting to give up, and never truly moving on. Love is knowing and praying in the deepest part of what's left of your heart that they feel the same. ~ Courtney Jo Wright

I could do this all day. Try to define love, give quotes of love, find sociological meanings and psychological studies of love. What is it though? Why do we seek it, crave it, cherish it and let it hurt us? Can you love someone who's body has never been within feet of your own? Can you love someone whom you never really know? Is it possible to make that connection with your heart and be left abandoned and lost in the hope, security, want, and desires they brought unto your life?

All I know of love is that it is the greatest and worst thing that has ever come into my life. It's something I long for and desire. Something that will complete me as a woman. It is not controlling, not judgemental, unconditional and the most awakening feeling one can possess. I fell. I walked away from it. I crave it and I hurt for it. Yet for too long I've fallen asleep without it. I wake knowing it's not here. Not the kind I desire most. I feel it, I know that true, yet once again I'm left alone by it.

Love is all that's on my mind anymore, I am lost in it. I am distracted from my goals by it. I can't get it off my mind, out of my soul or chase it from my dreams. Yet alone I stay. Why does love always happen in this way to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment